Custom 3" KidRobot X The Simpsons Bronze Homer Buddha

 Today I wanted to share a tutorial on painting a couple 3" Homer Buddha's bronze and weathering them.

I started with 2x LootCrate exclusive Gold Homer Buddha's. I used Modern Masters Metal Effects Bronze Paint. This is a water-based paint with real copper and zinc particles in the paint. 

KidRobot LootCrate Gold Homer Buddha Modern MastersModern Masters Metal Effects Bronze Patina

I did not use a primer, but might try that next time. I used a brush on the first coat, but the plastic did not like the paint much. The paint tended to "bead" so I had to constantly reapply and spread it out. 

KidRobot Homer BuddhaKidRobot Homer Simpson Buddha

I did not like the brush strokes either, so on the second coat I used a sponge to apply the paint.

Homer Buddha Modern Masters Metal Effects

Here is a comparison with an earlier 8" Buddha I did. The 8" Buddha was painted a while ago. 

I used the Metal Effects Black Patina Aging Solution after the paint had dried thoroughly. My spray cap was sort of clogged. Instead of a fine mist, it sort of spurt out and beaded on the paint. The areas where the solution concentrated turned out much darker. Using a paint brush, I applied more Patina Aging Solution to even it out. 



Finally, I set them outside in a snowstorm to accelerate the natural weathering. The copper oxidized rapidly, and I removed some of it for a cleaner look.


These look very different depending on your light source.







3" Bronze Homer Buddha

Enlightenment not guaranteed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 Ford Fusion Replacement Rear Deck Subwoofers

Kelly Martin Calahan

Ikea Malm, Lack, & Expedit