Colorado Bill 09-170

Dear Senator Morse,

Might I inquire your reasons to support Bill 09-170? I am at the moment undecided on how I feel about this Bill's defeat. I strongly support the Dream Act, but how would this bill have been affected by it? On one hand, it seems paradoxical that a benefit of "in-state residency" could be granted to an individual who is residing in America illegally. An American citizen from Kansas has to pay out-of-state tuition; why not someone who shouldn't legally be in the state? On the other hand, the more college graduates our state can produce, the better. There are numerous socio-economic reasons to promote college graduation. What are the statistics of illegal immigrants who do not attend college for the monetary differences between in-state and out-of-state tuition rates?

I have read through a your voting record on votesmart.org and agree with most positions you took, though I would like to ask what legislation have you sponsored or co-sponsored that you feel has been important to your career and what should I, as a voting member of your district, view as important, especially as 2010 is an election year?

Sincerely,

Jason Martin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 Ford Fusion Replacement Rear Deck Subwoofers

Kelly Martin Calahan

Ikea Malm, Lack, & Expedit